Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Running Late, Holiday Party and Budget Cuts


Okay so I have spent the morning cruising blogs and I am running late for Rotary. I had to check in because I have established this discipline, or should say I am trying to establish the discipline. It has been a blue few days.

Tonight at TPC is our Holiday work party and we have over 100 folks coming. That is a good thing. I love to see everyone and just be able to enjoy an evening. Unlike other work events I am not expected to do a thing, no speeches, no big presentation. It is a good time for me to be with the folks that matter.

The economy and looming budget cuts have us all sitting on the edge of our seats. Maine, I am certain is like other states cutting every area of their budget. Supporting people with Developmental Disabilities always leaves you vulnerable to these cuts.

I am glad the party is tonight. I am proud of the work we do as an agency and the people who work for me. I am fortunate. I am clearly doing my own little self assurance here, keep stating that all is well and it will be, even for the pessimist. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment