Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holiday Parties


Last night was the holiday party. It was a hoot. The venue was pretty sad, a local club that smelled kind of stale and had weird lighting. But what was great were that over 100 folks came out in the cold to share food, drinks and some dancing. I enjoyed the event, not totally enjoying this morning as I never drink hard alcohol and since they did not serve wine (told you already about the venue) and some years ago I became allergic (seriously) to beer I up and ordered Absolute. At 51 years old I am fully aware that vodka, in even small amounts, is not my friend. So today I am just a tiny bit tired, look older than my age and my head hurts.

I started to think of all the holiday parties in my lifetime, the good ones and the bad. I have to say that as a whole they are a commitment. That led me to wonder if all people feel this way. I will start to ask people about their "work" holiday parties. Do a mini survey on the topic, do you like it? Look forward? Is it an obligation or an event? What might the results be?

Ah well right now this old foolish lady needs to shower and try to conceal last night's Absolute. But hey it is already Thursday!


1 comment:

  1. I skipped the "formal" employee event on Tuesday, but I am going toa co-worker's home this afternoon for a potluck and a "used" Yankee swap.

    I am with you. Normally I would just as soon stay home, but I don't want to look *too* antisocial.

    ReplyDelete