Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday, lovely lovely day


What is great about Fridays? Often they represent pay day. For many, like me, the end of the work week. We spend a life time in school being conditioned to love Fridays. Eating out or ordering in is a great Friday treat. There is a whole restaurant chain called Fridays.

I love this day, the excitement that I get to go home and be with my family. I can stay up late and not worry about the 5:30 alarm and three snoozes. Truth be told I still fall asleep by ten because I will allow myself the extra drink tonight. Hey that is life on the edge. I will sleep until, hmmm maybe 7:30-Glorious!

It is the knowing that makes Friday great. I know that I can anticipate a day of my own choice without guilt. I can anticipate Patriots football and plan all day tomorrow the menu for Patriots football. I can spend a quiet hour in a beautiful place of worship on Sunday (at the 10:30 service ...remember got to sleep in!) I will possibly get my hair cut or my nails done or walk the beach at Dead Duck (Don't ask just is the name of our little beach). There are always a million more ideas and plans than ever get executed. That is the gift and greatness of Friday: a hundred possible things to do and I will choose them all!

3 comments:

  1. TGI's is th ebest!

    Quick question, how long have you beena member of Blogs by women? I'am thinking about joining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a short time, like a week...so I am not sure but figure it is worth trying. What is your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is free to join, a little more if you want featured status.

    ReplyDelete