Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oh No Saturday...the work day


For all of us who work Saturday is the "home work" day. Doesn't it make you crazy that every Saturday morning the chores are piled up and the house is screaming for someone to care. I think my curtains are asking for Merry Maids! I sit on the couch and look at the wood floor, the one I really love and under every chair the dust is piled...these are not cute dust bunnies these are horrible creatures filled with disease and uckies.

So the day begins....cleaning goes on for at least the morning. Then off to fight the other stressed humans at Market Basket (the best deal around for groceries) and bump carts with folks who all seem to have the same look as that horrible guy "the bounty hunter". We are all exhausted, all frustrated, all wishing we were somewhere else. (That is my theory anyway- I like to generalize)!!!

I get to top off my Saturday with a visit to Dad, sometimes wonderful and often very sad. (Nursing homes by their very nature just suck). Of course looking forward to this day off, this week is even more bizarre as I was on vacation all week so here I am on the second to last day. Now that makes it even worse. But somehow it is still Saturday, no alarm, choice of duties and timing of duties and well a visit with Dad.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I don't know. I have been around nursing homes for years, and in general it is not the nursing home that sucks, it is the fact that they are an unavoidable reminder of all that once was and will never be again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I might give you that..it is the fear that I might be there someday, very likely in fact that makes them more unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete