Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday


I have no title for this...I just feel like sharing. I am not even certain what I want to share. I just feel as if there is a "thing" going on today and the last few days.

I find myself thankful for my crazy family, tired by my role of Nana and caring for two little ones. Missing my daughter, their mother on the west coast and blessed that I am able to reflect on it all with an open heart.

My son, 23 years old and fighting some of this world's biggest demons (addiction) recently spent a weekend in Vermont for a 12 step experience that he says "changed my life". He asked me if I pray or meditate everyday? I thought well I should- I try to ...I fail sometimes ...no too often! He said he got on his knees the last few days for a few minutes..now he does not profess to pray to Jesus or any denominational God but he does believe in a Higher Power..God. He then says he wants to meditate daily. He wanted to converse with God daily not just when he had need.

I thought about how wonderful it is when you start the process of being grateful...when you realize that everyday is a gift and all the BS is just that BS. When you decide to deliberately be happy and grateful for what we get each day. Today I am happy that my little grand babies remind me daily that laughter and fun are critical to happiness and to my nutty son for his inspiration to this tired 51 year old and to my lovely daughter for her efforts at greatness.

2 comments: