Monday, July 6, 2009

My fish have you tried to feed them yet?


I wonder if you all have noticed my fish on the side of this blog? If you put your mouse on top of the fish they will follow it along...would it not be great if life were so easy. Point and they will follow? Well my holiday was wonderful despite that no one followed my lead exactly. Bob and I had some good alone time, the grand babies were happy with their visit and the weather even turned out beautiful. It was like a movie, remember Trains. Planes and Automobiles and Little Miss Sunshine all rolled into one.

I really do believe that most of us are dysfunctional...we have a bit of Uncle Buck, and the family of Little Miss ---the old car that will not start without pushing and the grandfather who decides at 80 to do drugs but dearly and sweetly loves his grand child. If you have not seen these movies watch them!

It is in our sharing that we come to know we are not alone. I feel that so completely. When I discover that my pain is similar to other women, people who I admire it makes my own self judgment less lonely. There is no doubt we are human, we try, we fail, we climb hills to find they are mountains and we enter waters well over our heads. But we are born to love and be loved. It is the core of my faith, that inherent need to love and to be loved---do not be fooled it is in us, it is no mistake. Therein lies the best of it all. So while there were many ups and downs over the holiday..there was so much love shared that today I am blessed!

2 comments:

  1. To be loved is a blessing for sure, feeling the love is sometimes a stretch, if one lets go of the doubts and dispairing thoughts it can be seen clear as the fish in your box. Following us where ever we go !!! I had a great weekend, visiting with my traveling son, soon to be off agian to NY ! I miss the years when they where tucked into bed safe and sound at a reasonable time of night OF COurse ! : ) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you need is love as the Beatles so aptly sang. That and faith the size of a mustard seed......
    At one of most lowest moments I was told that I was a rock being submerged by the strong waves in the ocean. I was reminded that the tides of life rise and fall and that my rock will slowly emerge from the crashing waves. It will stand firm in it's place and re-emerge strong again after the crashing waves of life have tried to beat and wear it down. We do get worn down sometimes as life can be very hard. But, "I'll get by with a little help from my friends." Damn those Beatles were good!

    ReplyDelete