Saturday, July 25, 2009

I wanna be in Bookelia


Tonight I wish I was in Bookelia on Pine Island, just sitting on the beach with the sun on my face and the girls looking for shells. I am amazed when I look at the pictures that I did not take more. I really would love to be a better photographer. So much of life passes and I barely have a picture to document the passing. But in the dark of my room I am thinking of the smells sounds of the beach. I looked at pictures of the vacation with Lulu (one of my granddaughters) earlier today and she got all emotional looking at them. She wants to live in Bookelia...why not all we do all day is play. Each morning I got up at 7 (late for me) briefly checked my email and the headlines for the day then went to sit on the beach. She would join me and immediately want to look for shells or little baby jelly fish. Sky (beautiful granddaughter number two) would follow shortly after (she is not so much of a morning person). We would look for new additions to our little beach and watch the pelicans dive for breakfast. Then we would sort out the shells, the pretty rocks and other artifacts in the sun to dry. Breakfast and the day began.

I ran everyday...or walked at least two miles and returned to the swimming pool with the girls...we hung out there til at least lunch...naps were a must (for everyone) and the lazy afternoons ran into dinner and feeding of the seagulls...that was about it...and that was what makes Bookelia so wonderful. I miss wonderful. Too bad we do not do more of that everyday.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like Bookelia is your "happy place". I think we all have them. It's where we can retreat to things get tough. No, a better term might be a place to escape to. My happy place is a huge open field full of wildflowers, especially those long-stemed daisies. I watch the flowers, especially those daisies, as a light breeze sets them in motion. The daisies appear to be dancing and are so graceful while some of the other flowers with thicker stems, like black-eyed-susans are trying hard to imitate their cousins the daisies. If you find me sitting at my desk daydreaming I'm probably taking a break to visit my happy place to refresh and renew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds wonderful, I just spent Saturday evening into Sunday with my granddaughter Ella, and she is evolving into a unique person with wants and dislikes. I ve decided I need more of those special moments your describing before too much time goes by!!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is all about the happy place. Christine I totally agree, you have to find the time to find goodness and simple pleasures. It is hard to balance all the life demands and in our time now we have pulls from both sides, our aging parents and our grandchildren. It is a pretty unique time and place.

    ReplyDelete