Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Morning

The alarm went off far too early this morning pulling me from a delightful dream land filled with the usual confusion and charm. I wanted to snooze at least once but did not. Sitting here with my coffee, which is a bit strong for my taste (but am thankful I do not have to make it in my Eliot home) I ponder the week ahead. These early morning minutes when all is quiet are precious. Often times my best work is done between five and nine in the morning before my feet ever hit pavement at the office parking lot.

Of course, this morning, like many I start with a personal catch up. Check my email..the usual stuff, Bob's list serve song of the day, two Belief.net emails (often inspiring but not always opened), weather alert (not inspiring but curious also not always opened), a few staggered emails from the previous evening and as always the daunting pile of emails in need of action: delete, folder, forward but ignoring them is the choice of the day. I know what they contain. I have seen most of them on my blackberry already. But here they are crying out...get organized, clean us up, free yourself from the bondage of email. Nope. Close outlook. This is Monday and there is a whole week ahead.

Ah sitting here quietly, the fan softly whirling. Putting a few thoughts to words. Visiting my face book and waking up slowly....that is a good thing. The emails will be there after my first cup of coffee as will the rest of the day. Right now it is just me and the quiet Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment