Thursday, July 2, 2009

Family...coming home,,,Happy 4th


So this has been a weird and crazy night...it is so typical of my great big dysfunctional family. Oh by the way this is MY family the one I created and I own this dysfunction. So during the night (I will say I write this as I have slept less than three hours) my daughter's flight from LA was delayed four hours so her arrival will be noon time not 8am. My son is driving from Chicago with his girl friend with his life belongings and two cats. At four am he called as the truck (my blazer) had broken down after making "loud noise" for the past 40 miles. Calls to my triple AAA were more than discouraging ...that is a membership I will end. However, the real issue with the truck was that it was out of gas ...did I mention the gas gauge does not work and that he had managed this all the way from Maine to Chicago and home...however the loud noise was the four wheel drive kicking in...so he used more gas and pushed his luck on the home run. Meanwhile Jackie's husband (son in law) has been driving through the night from DC (Marine at Quantico) to also arrive in Maine. He had no major issues should be in Maine shortly only to turn around within a few hours to go to Logan and pick up Jackie...Now I did wake up Bob (husband) at four am with Matt's issue so tonite at our house should be very interesting...no one has had a good night's sleep and we all will have stories to tell. Of course my night was not so exciting ...I just did the usual mind overload of my "to do" list. There were a few interesting things that popped in my head around 2 but I am darned if I can recall them. Happy 4th to all!!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is not a night I would want going into what is so called a weekend to relax!! My family sometimes creates such entangled adventures! Good luck, truly sleep is needed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a horrid day for you -- hope everyone is home safe and sound. Curious to see how tonight goes -- hope better than you anticipate. Tomorrow a whole new day - long weekend, family around, and SUN???

    Have a wonderful weekend and happy 4th, so nice to have all the family around. I am a little excited, my brother is moving the Canton for the summer (long story). First visit this summer from them is Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th ladies!!! Hope we all see fireworks in the sky and that everything else is fun in the sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleep is a wonderful thing. Quiet house this morning. All have arrived safe and sound. It is so curious how insane it can all be, I cannot help but think the challenges we face are not uncommon and test our faith. I see a spot of sunshine, that is a good start!

    ReplyDelete