Monday, October 26, 2009

Life...wondering and worry


What is the difference between wondering about things and worry? When do you cross the line from I wonder "what if" or I wonder "how come" to worrying "what if" and "how will I"? I have decided that many times I am more in a wondering frame of mind and that worry is a more common word, more familiar. I grew up with the Queen of Worry...my Mom. I think, in retrospect, it sounds much kinder and cooler to think of her as the Queen of Wonder. See the difference?


The other night I wondered about my son, my daughter and my checking account for many hours between 1am and 4am...but mainly I wondered if the strong smell of fuel would kill me or my family. Bob at one am did not find it worthy of wonder and groggily asked that I just trust him...all was okay...at 3am upon waking with the smell stronger than ever he decided to wonder too. This led to the realization that it was not our furnace...such a great piece of information for all my wondering-rather we had placed our generator in its' new location and the fuel line was leaking..ah I wonder how that happened? I am glad to know that the smell of gas will not kill you...will, in some cases lead to lack of sleep and a slight case of resentment for those who can sleep. I wonder if my checking account could be as simple as the fuel smell?

No comments:

Post a Comment