Monday, October 12, 2009

The radio and quiet time.


I do not want winter. I want more summer. More warm evenings and long light days...ah but winter waits for no one. It is cold outside and I fear here we are about to get snow in Maine.
I am listening to a radio show, not fully aware of the subject..it is about baseball and I think that Bob would love to listen and would appreciate the conversation...Reggie Jackson is talking right now and I know he could give me a run down of his stats and life time in baseball. It is a time that I miss Bob.

I like the conversation going on...makes my time alone up here in South Paris feel less lonely. Makes it easier to spend the night, the quiet not so noticeable. I have found that coming here is hard...I hate leaving home and my family. I hate when I call home and I hear the grandchildren in the background and think that could be my reality in a year or so ALL the time. I hate missing my little doggie Hannah while I am away....I want to go home but hate the drive back and when I get here it is a bit like running a ten miler...you put your head into it and just keep going b/c stopping half way is death. I miss home. But here I am ready for rest starting a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment