Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday...Really?


So when did I begin to love Wednesday? When the weeks seem so long that any sight of Friday is hopeful. Or is it because very little seems to happen on Wednesday in my world? Never did like the saying "hump day" always felt that it was somehow nasty. But this morning when I woke up, after hitting my snooze more than five times, I was glad it was Wednesday.

I wonder what it would be like to be in a world without schedules and time lines. I wonder if I could create each day as it arrived how I would feel. It is ashame that in our world to have that freedom means we are potentially too old to fully enjoy it. In my case with a genetic certainty of Alzheimer Disease I will just be unaware. I have worked pretty much full time since I was 14. I knew the first week of my working career that I loved work, I really do. I love the independence and the freedom it allows. I love the feeling of accomplishment. But there are days, like Wednesdays when I feel the pull toward Friday that I wonder.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully you will skirt the disease that claimed the ends of your parents lives. You are such a vibrant life force it is hard to imagine a docile, lifeless existence for your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your smiling face here! thanks I too hope that but it seems like that could be my end of life...I plan to keep making the days crazy with "stuff" so when I am locked in that brain alone I will have lots to remember. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete