Saturday, March 6, 2010

Bookeelia Florida, children and mini van


Here we are! It is positively beautiful. I love this place, I love Pine Island. (this picture is my beach) We drove from Maine in our newly purchased, used and repaired (by hubby) minivan (which is said I would never own) and came with two grandchildren, one step child and hubby...oh and daughter who drove as far as DC (she has exam there and will fly in tomorrow). Sister and her husband arrive tonight. It is quiet this morning and looks like a good day ahead. We left Maine at 1pm on Wednesday and arrived in Florida a day ahead of schedule. Landing in Kisseemmee (two hours from Bookeelia) in a hotel in the heart of Disney for one night. Why? Because it was cheap and actually not horrible and slept five. Yesterday after lunch we arrived in our beloved Bookeelia. The house is as beautiful as ever. The wind was up and it was cool, but the pool was smartly designed and protected so the afternoon sun was hot enough to enjoy sitting and watching the girls brave the water.

So you ask how did you drive so far with all those people? I figure when you are driving with little ones you have very few shots at getting them back in the car. We drove (on shifts) through the night and tried as best as we could to sleep in between. It was actually not bad. And while I never say too much about hubby in my blog, protect his privacy, this time I have to say he amazes me. We bought this beat up (inside mostly, outside looked not bad) mini van and her rebuilt her, fixed her looks and we made it to Florida costing much less then tickets for all. I actually like the ease of the mini van.

So here I am the sun is coming up. My favorite time of day. The sky is filled with colors, the palm tree next door is blowing in the wind against a lightening sky. The sun will be up in minutes and the day will begin. I love this Island.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for "Happy places" to escape to! Wonderful memories to be had by all. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete