Monday, January 18, 2010

Martin Luther King Day

Martin Luther King Day...a good day for us all.
One of my favorite quotes in these days of political fighting and scare resources.

Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.” MLK

I was a child when MLK lost his life, I remember the days of JFK, RFK and MLK. It seemed the killing would never stop. It seemed that my parents and their friends gathered in our country home around the small television with horror too often. I wondered why these men were killed and if my parents would be okay. It was only later in life that I really began to understand the significance of their lives.

I read a few great quotes from MLK today. He had so many inspirational speeches and words to offer a tired and scared nation. He was brave not because he was a warrior but because his belief was so strong that he did not fear evil. Here are some great quotes I found: http://www.mlkonline.net/quotes.html

I think that Bing had a great page of pictures and videos, all nicely on one page.

So today I will take with me a bit of him everywhere I go, I could only hope to keep it all year. Thanks MLK!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great quote you referenced in the beginning, and so true. There was one man that I always felt that I hated - so glad I got over that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that a few men have tested my ability to forgive or at least let go of hate. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete