Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hot Flash ...A Passage?


I am tired of hot flashes...it seems that for the past ten years they have been a part of my life, my clothing choices, my make up (which one melts with heat) and my sleeping patterns. I know that somethings make it worse, like wine or any kind of good drink! Coffee, I am guessing the caffeine...I love coffee! I hate the feeling of having my body heat from the core and knowing the sweat is soon to follow. Sitting in a meeting, people on all sides you feel it coming one and nothing will stop the end result. Ah these are the times!

Lately these furnace moments have been worse and I am starting for feel a bit pissy. I have gone to war, taken all kinds of herbs, tea drinks and hormones swallowed vitamins fit only for horses with no real success. I heat up and cool down several times a day. I am no wonder woman and feel somewhat defeated. My question today is this: How long? How long will I be in this phase? Seems like since forty years of life this has been a part of my existence....When might I wear a light blue or pink blouse again and not have to wear a sweater? Might I drink a few glasses of wine and sleep through the night? And while I am at it....just curious will phase two of this passage be that my bladder will wake me several more times a night or fail when I have a bad cough? Oh Joy ladies we are so blessed.

Would I be a man if it were available to me? I am still pretty much positive that I would rather be a woman, at least I think so.

5 comments:

  1. The hot flashes are hell for me. Sometimes my pores hurt in the middle of the night when the big sweat is coming. I absolutely hate it!!! It has been over 10 years, the hot flashes, red face, day and night. Usually a couple of times every night. I remember when my husband used to kick off all the blankets and I would be covered in blankets and a big quilt. Now I can barely tolerate one blanket, and they are all piled on top of him! Oh, to snuggle under a pile of blankets and not break into a sweat! But I still prefer to be a woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathy you are so right on! I hear you on the blankets. I actually get mad at my Bob because he loves blankets and I want to love them. Now blankets represent a barrier to a sweat free night. I wonder do we all go through this?? I am amazed at how much we all suffer the same. How come there is not real cure? Must ponder this. Are the drug companies driven by men still because surely a woman would find the pill the cures, really cures hot flashes! What a million and billion dollar discovery. Yeah I still like being a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, I feel that you should ban all other causes and you and I should join forces and find the cure for Hot Flashes!! We would be the troop leaders in the right to pile under a pile of blankets and NOT sweat! I am all for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear that I am all for it too. I hate the darn things and I am so tired of the clothing issues. I do not just love black and white it is all I can safely wear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay so last night I was sitting on the couch....no wine, no real stress, no physical workout..blam I was so hot I thought I would explode...what is up with that?

    ReplyDelete