Monday, August 17, 2009

What about the heat?


Okay it is hot. Really hot. It has been a long time since I have been forced to live without air conditioning and this is crappy. I am trying to think what it is like for millions of folks who live without the advantage of AC. I am becoming one with them. Well not really because I have several fans...but still no cold air. I have waited all summer for this and now I ask myself what it is I like about hot weather anyway. Oh and did I mention in my new tiny and ucky apartment I have no good food...seriously...black coffee, a few cans of soup (progresso of course) and some black beans. No sugar, no good fruit and no yummy chocolate. Wow maybe I can loose weight. But it is hot here on this second floor walk up. A life time, a huge mortgage on a too big, too old, too new england home in beautiful Eliot Maine...but here I am in a four plex in South Paris...yep life has some funny turns now don't it? I think this is a tylenol pm night.


So when you find regular America...farm land, hard working and hard playing families romantic. Let me tell you this. It is hot in a heat wave!

2 comments:

  1. First of all Deb, the last time I saw you, you didn't need to lose any weight! Don't worry so much about that. You are beautiful! And now, the heat! The oppressive heat came fast and mighty, that's for sure. Can you get a small AC unit? We have a small one in the living room window that cools it off just enough.....And please, go buy some good fruit, some hard rolls and deli meats and cheese, a nice bottle of chardonnay and some lovely chocolate. And let me know where your apartment is.....I would love to come hang out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy you are a treasure! I agree about the fruit, cheese and chardonnay! I am easy on 119 in South Paris just about a mile out of town..small, second floor walk up...funny I am not sure what the street address is but I will look next time I pull in. I think we have a quiet evening in our future.

    ReplyDelete