Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday ...Yard Sales...Exercise...Chores


Saturday mornings always create huge conflicts for me. There are so many possibilities and only one day.

Yard sales present a huge pull...going around town to purchase my neighbors junk and add it to my junk. Always believing that the one thing you need most will magically appear on some one's front yard. Of course to be really good at this one must be at the gate early and that defeats some of the beauty of Saturday morning.

Exercise...hmmm does it count that I read a blog about running this morning and totally missed my years of the pavement? Almost put on my sneakers and hit the tar before the grand babies rise up and want food, attention and love? I have guilt that I am still sitting her without moving and have mostly decided that I can do this activity later. Yes I know that is partly denial but I will live with the clutter it creates in my brain for now.

Chores...oh my goodness where to begin? The back yard is looking very bleak...no grass in parts, a miss matched bunch of camping chairs around the fire pit and the tent that was airing out really needs to dry and be put away. There are two major closet cleanings that must be done as space in our little house is at a premium with grand babies and son back from Chicago. Then there are the usual Saturday chores that simply need attention no matter what...trash, vacuum, kitchen floor, sheets and beds, groceries and cooking for the week...I do not delude myself that I can cook during the week, and the lawn (with our without the tent needs to be mowed). I am tired again. Maybe I should sleep for another hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment