Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fighting to Win, success


One of my favorite speeches involves my favorite sports: football. When I feel like the task in front of me is too hard, I want to turn and run, this is what I watch.

All my life I have been a fighter, never wanting to loose or give up when the odds are too much. I like a challenge, I have worked with many organizations when the odds are against success. What is most difficult is keeping your own faith when all around you the crowd taunts and critiques. When the answers are not black and white but are in a million shades of gray. When in the dark of night I lie awake and wonder have I made a good choice. But when you are the leader, you cannot show the wonder, you must take action and follow through.

I love this speech. If a swear makes you uneasy do not watch. If you love football, Al Pacino and great speeches then watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment