Monday, September 27, 2010

Time Goes By and By and By


So where exactly does the time go? It seems like forever ago that I last wrote. It is tempting to drop this whole blogging effort however it is because of that desire I am here writing. After all there must be something worthy of "the blog".

Time and how is passes...As I had my hair trimmed yesterday I looked into the mirror thinking wow my face is my father's face. Then I thought wow, I am old. Then I took off my glasses and almost feel asleep. Time sure does pass quickly. I guess the question for me was: what are you doing to mark it? What moments will you take from this time?

So my exercise is to think about the past five years, what do I think about that makes me smile, makes me wish I could return to that hour, that minute? I always go to Bookelia. I am not sure exactly why but I do. That house, that water, those dolphins. I think about fires in the back yard and holidays. Why holidays? I suspect because we put so much emphasis on enjoying those days. We stop-listen-play and enjoy. I think about a few friends and gatherings..a shared meal. I think about the grand babies and their uniforms for St Marys.

Today I am going to focus on things I might remember! Maybe creating memorable times each day would be worth while? Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Your note of time I believe effects most of us at some point. I constantly hear the clock ticking and question if this moment is of value, does it make a difference?
    I guess that is why there is a second, minute and hour hand. Each one is measuring time independently and I think overall we need to allow the seconds to happen as they do, the minutes to be enjoyed and the hours to add up to the goals we want to reach at the end of the day.
    If enough goals are reached daily overall our time on earth will make a difference to family, friends and community.
    Some of these you may never see as many nuggets of our past only materialize long after we have absorbed them.
    Glad to have you back, I have been checking!

    ReplyDelete