Sunday, February 14, 2010

Over work...why do I do it?


So I am not sure what I am thinking when I get myself into these situations. I create work for myself. I could easily become a workaholic, I do not think I am...I like my free time and I get cranky when there is too much to do. But I am also capable of long spurts of working A LOT. I am not really sure why I do this, it is sort of like Saturday morning when I wake up with a list of fifty things I want to do. I makes my hubby nuts, he is either genuinely worried for me that I will not complete my list and be frustrated or, and I suspect more likely, he feels certain that it will include infringing on his plans for the day. I generally do not get to my whole list.

Here is what an early Saturday morning list might be:
  • gym
  • grocery shopping (always got to do that for family...a lot of shopping)
  • taking Mom out for coffee or something
  • spending time with hubby doing the second hand store run (got to visit a few for that special deal we might need)
  • wanting to walk the dogs at the beach (Dead Duck is our local spot on Great Bay...bad name I know)
  • bathing dog (she can always use a bath)
  • cooking for family...big meals on weekends...generally three or four to supply for week as well
  • clean the house...it always needs cleaning but on Saturdays it is the Big clean
  • one project like cleaning out the awful hall closet
  • oh and did I mention I might try to read some work emails and clean out my over loaded in box?
Wow looking at that list makes me tired! No wonder I never get much rest on the weekends. Okay so I need to figure out how to slow down. At fifty two years old there needs to be more me time. More quiet time. Hmmm....I guess looking at it all and just reflecting at 4am is a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, my experience is that it just goes faster ... so enjoy 52!!

    Hope you are well Deb.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why we do this crap to ourselves, either. My dog has needed a bath all winter, but I know she will just get dirty again the minute I take her for a walk!

    ReplyDelete