Tuesday, June 1, 2010

No Matter How Far Wrong you go You can Turn Around


Do we really ever need permission to begin again? Or perhaps the bigger question is do we really ever start again? After all we take everything from this point with us. For example people who divorce and start again...they bring the experience good and bad of the first marriage with them to the next. Staring a new job is similar we always bring all the lessons from both good decisions and bad to the next position. This makes me wonder if we should re-frame the idea of starting over. Perhaps we are turning around, taking our toys with us and giving ourselves permission to try again. Perhaps if we bring ALL that is part of the past with us, honor it, respect it we will be better at starting the walk again.

In my life I have had so many "start overs" new homes, new relationships, new jobs and new life styles...but often I felt as if I needed or wanted to let go of where I came from. Recently I have watched someone I care deeply about fight the grasp of addiction, here is a time when letting go of the past...starting over would seem appropriate. I think however there too it is important to take ALL of who we are with us, hold it gently and accept it. Be glad for it. Then turn around, make a new choice in direction and walk on with Great knowledge gained from life lessons hard earned!

1 comment:

  1. The past is a series of steps toward the future and the great thing is that all that we carry from here to there is all what makes us whole-the "too bad" is that by the time we FEEL whole we can miss the ride.
    The CALL has a song from their album "Red Moon" called "This Is Your Life"
    One of the lines is something like-"this is your life, this is the time and this is the place,..oh, what a ride, this is your life"
    Sometimes I follow the idea that here is where I am and in the now I at least got here and as such I should be grateful and enjoy each breath rather than worry about the next step. That step is sometimes too far ahead.

    ReplyDelete